Jussie Smollett Attorneys on Tuesday confirmed that all criminal charges against the "Empire" actor and singer have been dropped. Smollett was charged for falsifying police report by claiming he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.
The Judge also gave a motion to seal the case.

Smollett made a brief statement after a hearing.


"I want to thank my family, my friends, the incredible people of Chicago and all over the country and the world who have prayed for me, who have supported me, who have shown me so much love," Smollett said. "I want you to know that not for a moment was it in vain. I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of one drop of what I've been accused of.”
"This has been an incredibly difficult time, honestly one of the worst of my entire life," he continued. "But I am a man of faith and I am a man that has knowledge of my history and I would not bring my family, our lives or the movement through a fire like this."
Smollett added: “I would like to thank my legal counsel and the state of Illinois for attempting to do what is right.”


The Empire actor was accused of paying two Nigerian brothers to stage a homophobic attack on him last January in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood and was charged with 16 counts of disorderly conduct.

Comments