Billionaire Aliko Dangote, Richest Man in Africa, Expresses his Feelings About Being Rich





The Richest Man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, whose net worth is $10.6B spoke in a Business Forum in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. He was asked how he felt being rich and this was what he told the audience:

"When you're young your first million is important, but after, the numbers don't mean much," He stated he didn't feel he was rich through the figures on paper. He continued,

"One day, I cashed 10 million, put them in the boot of my car I put it in my room. I looked at them and thought 'now I believe I have money' and took it back to the bank the next day,"


He advises African youth not to be carried away with the first income when success comes since the business world is full of ups and downs.

""Often in Africa we spend our projected incomes. There are ups and downs" in business, he warned.

Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian Business man who founded and chairs Dangote Cement. Dangote Cement produces 45.6 million metric tons annually and has operations in 10 countries across Africa. He also owns stakes in publicly traded salt, sugar, tomato pastes, flour manufacturing companies. Dangote Refinery has been under construction and is expected to be one of the world's largest refineries.


Comments