Drake Makes History at Billboard



Drake wins big in the Billboard Music Awards. He made history by becoming the first Artist to win 12 out of 17 awards he was nominated for including the Top of the awards, Artist of the year. This win has brought him to a total of 27 billboard awards, the highest ever. He won Top Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Streaming Songs Artist, Top Song Sales Artist, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Rap Artist, Top Rap Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album for "Scorpion," Top Rap Album for "Scorpion" and Top Streaming Song (Video) for “In My Feelings”.


 

While receiving the awards, in one of His speeches, Drake thanked his Mom for all the support and care in his life.

"I just want to thank my mom for her relentless effort in my life. I want to thank my mom for all the times you drove me to piano. All the times you drove me to basketball and hockey — that clearly didn't work out. All the times you drove me to 'Degrassi.' No matter how long it took me to figure out what I wanted to do, you were always there to give me a ride, and now we're on one hell of ride,"

He also gave a shout out to "Game of Thrones" actress Maisie Williams, whose plays Arya Stark on the HBO series and shined brightly on last week's episode.


"Shout-out to Arya Stark for putting in that work last week," Drake said onstage after winning his first award of the evening.


Congratulations Drake. We know you will definitely pop #champagne tonight @champagnepapi.

Comments