Moby Apologises To Natalie Portman After He Wrote About Her In His Memoir





 Moby,53 year old musician, claimed in his Memoir: 'Then Things Fell Apart' that he dated Natalie Portman for a brief period in 2001, at the time he was 37 while she was 20.
After an extract of the book was published online, the 2001 Oscar winner then denied the claims, stating that she was only 18 when she met the star, and found his advances "creepy" and "inappropriate". She revealed in a recent interview with Harper's Bazaar that:

“I was surprised to hear that he characterized the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school.”





Moby was hurt by the 'Black Swan' actress claims and then shared a picture of them together as "photo evidence" to prove his side of the story.
“It hurts to be lied about, especially as I’ve always respected her, and I thought we were friends,” Moby wrote on Instagram after hearing Portman’s denials. “But I’ve been receiving anonymous threats of violence from her fans, and it’s affecting my business and my health.”
In a new Instagram post, The singer is now apologizing to her because the "many of the criticisms" he faced were "very valid". He also admitted it was "inconsiderate" of him not to tell Natalie about her inclusion in the book.

Posting on Instagram, He said:

 "from Moby, an apology", he wrote: "As some time has passed I've realized that many of the criticisms leveled at me regarding my inclusion of Natalie in Then It Fell Apart are very valid. I also fully recognize that it was truly inconsiderate of me to not let her know about her inclusion in the book beforehand, and equally inconsiderate for me to not fully respect her reaction".

"I have a lot of admiration for Natalie, for her intelligence, creativity, and animal rights activism, and I hate that I might have caused her and her family distress. I tried to treat everyone I included in Then It Fell Apart with dignity and respect, but nonetheless it was truly inconsiderate for me to not let them know before the book was released".

"So for that I apologize, to Natalie, as well as the other people I wrote about in Then It Fell Apart without telling them beforehand"

He continued: "Also I accept that given the dynamic of our almost 14 year age difference I absolutely should've acted more responsibly and respectfully when Natalie and I first met almost 20 years ago."

No comment yet from Natalie Portman after the apology.



picture credit: getty images

Comments