Why I Removed My Womb - Nollywood Actress Nse Ikpe Etim



Sultry Nollywood actress, Nse Ikpe Etim ,44, revealed in her recent event "Conversation With Nse" which was held in Lagos in early May, that she was diagnosed with Adenomyosis about three years ago.

Adenomyosis is a condition in which the inner lining of the uterus (the endometrium) breaks through the muscles wall of the uterus (the myometrium). Adenomyosis causes menstrual cramps, lower abdominal pressure and bloating before menstrual periods and can result to heavy flow.

The Nigerian Actress who became prominent after her breakout role in Reloaded (2008) and Mr. and Mrs. and was nominated for Best Actress in leading role in Africa Movies Academy Awards, got married in 2013 to Clifford Sule.
The phone Swap (2012) and Fifty (2015) Star said she is free from pains now but she was depressed after hearing from her doctor that she had to remove her womb in order to survive.


"When I was first told by the doctor that I would have to remove my womb to live a normal life, tears dropped and then my husband squeezed my hand. It was reassuring that there was someone there and it was telling me that this is reality, my reality. The ordeal made me fall into depression. I didn't think there was any point anymore because my society taught me that I have to be a mother to be appreciated and every time I went online, I would have one troll or two say 'you never born?' But I'm thankful that It didn't break me."


She advised men and women to dedicate their life to their work and do good for the societies and not live by what the society thinks about them.


"I was told I couldn't have kids. And so, I had to remove my womb to make me have a life again and to stop going through what I was going through. And I'm literally telling women and men that it doesn't matter if you cannot bear children. What really matters is what you would do for the world, for the universe."

Comments